Just been using my @themindfulmum Twitter profile to gain entries in a few comps, and it occured to me that rather than let my little quiet blog lie dormant in the sphere of little quiet blogs for all eternity, I could write a post and see if that leads to another post…and if it doesn’t, well, no matter!! Here’s a little of what has been going on:
- I’m now 25 weeks pregnant and the size of an ocean liner, which was something of a shock to me, but apparently it is not unusual for bumps to be much bigger the second time around – I figure it”s just the old lady muscles giving up at the first sign of trouble! God knows what I’ll be left with at the end of all this but I am having vague thoughts about goals to reach before I’m 40 (gah!!!) which will be 18 months after my daughter is born (gah!!!) and I did just win a week of gym membership in a prize draw, which they’ll let me use once I’m good to go again after c-section. So, will deal with my body then and meantime I’m trying very hard to me MINDFUL about what I eat, with reasonable results.
- We left Steiner playgroup in a little puff of smoke – in a nutshell I love the philosophy and the system but I didn’t love the judgemental “natural” parents that I was forced to deal with on a weekly basis. Not so bad when just me and Miss M – not so good when pregnant and a fan of such things as ultrasounds and elective C’s. Oh and I shop in Coles. Nuff said. Am in no way judging Steiner Schools in general, I don’t know any others personally, but there is only one in the little place where we live and it’s not the one for our little family. Very sad and was with a heavy heart than we made our decision. However, heart lighter each week now it’s over, and the silver lining is that I have made a lovely new friend and so has my daughter. Today we went to the beach together and I feel blessed to have gained a great positive new relationship out of the whole experience.
- Many moons ago I received my copy of Mindfulness: An Eight Week Plan for Finding Peace in a Frantic World , mentioned in my last post. It lies unopened on the shelf.
- I have not yet quite finished Buddhism For Mothers: A Calm Approach to Caring for Yourself and Your Children, by Sarah Napthali. It (still) lies next to my bed and I plan to start back at the beginning of the first book this week.
- I have, however, read all of Fifty Shades of Grey and enjoyed it well enough. I am not ashamed to say it! To the haters – chill!! (and at least read it if you’re going to knock it!!)
- Not much sewing going on, but am knitting some instead. Easier to pick up and put down than cutting and machine sewing, and time is ever shorter as my toddler grows ever more boistrous and I grow ever larger. Tried some crochet too but it makes me too angry – can’t get past the first row. Which is not point of exercise (point was baby blanket. Ha!!).
- No more party planning – too much change in family circumstances. Don’t miss it. Do have shelves of lovely stuff that am enjoying using 😉
In summary, I am still grateful daily (if in very short bursts); and still mindful often, but certainly not enough. I’m lacking in focus, and have allowed life to get in the way. Time is short before another massive, massive life-changing event will be upon me. Let’s see if a few more posts can get me back on track!