The fabulous Kat over at I Saw You Dancing has nominated me for this award. How lovely!! Thank you Kat 🙂 I discovered Kat’s blog last year when she was hosting Blogtoberfest, and then in December I also took part in Reverb12. Both wonderful projects, and I can’t wait to see what Kat has in store this year.
In keeping with the requirements of the award as stipulated by Kat, here are seven things you may not know about me:
- I speak Spanish. Probably a bit rusty by now but if I went back (which I would love to do!), I could more than get by.
- Before I became a SAHM I was a finance analyst for a large multinational. Very glad I am that no longer!
- I think I’ll always be a backpacker at heart, and I very much hope to travel a whole lot more in the future.
- I love (British, not Kiwi) Marmite (known as Our Mate here in Australia) and orange marmalade sandwiches. Yum! But perhaps not everyone’s cup of tea.
- I was brought up heavily in the church (of Scotland, then Baptist), and I used to be a born again Christian. Now, I won’t have a bar of it, and I lean toward Buddhism, if anything. I really want to learn more about the Buddhism but it keeps getting put on the back burner, life gets in the way yadda yadda… So, I focus on my Mindfulness and that’s about all the spirituality stuff I can handle right now!
- I’m an alcoholic, 10 years sober.
- I am only 1.9 kilos away from my pre-pregnancy weight, and Miss A is 10 weeks on Friday. Woot!! Via clean eating and (admittedly a lot of) pavement pounding while still allowing myself the occasional treat. Very happy. Alas, I am rather further away from my pre-first-pregnancy weight 😉
My sidebar blogroll lists the blogs that are inspiring me right now. Which blogs inspire you? Please share!